Duration of Employment: 3 months, with the possibility of extension.
Contract type: Individual working contract
Expected workload: full time/part time
Required languages: Romanian, Russian, English
Duty Station: Chisinau
Expected start of assignment: January, 2021
Deadline of application: December, 10
The Public Association EcoContact is a national environmental organization with the office in Chisinau. The mission of organization is “to support environmental improvements and partnerships for sustainable development of communities in Moldova, thus contributing to the formation of a responsible society respecting human rights and ensuring a favorable environment for the present and future generation”.
The organization has three strategic directions:
- Implementation of Aarhus Convention. Organization provides support to public participation and access to information on environmental matters. Starting with 2013 EcoContact is hosting the Environmental Consultation and Information Aarhus Center, created with support with OSCE Mission in Moldova;
- Sustainable development with a special focus on: green economy, climate change/disaster risk reduction, waste and chemical management, environmental education
- Environmental legislation. Organization provide support to align national environmental legislation with provisions of EU-RM Association Agreement and the Action Plan.
EcoContact is a rapidly developing organization and a special focus is put on the organization development. Organization provides possibilities for personal growth and development.
In the process of work EcoContact has established partnerships with various actors on the local, national and regional levels. We work with local communities and public authorities, NGO community, national level authorities and donors. Organization is implementing environmental projects, providing thematically consultancy in the priority areas and is currently developing the organizational development strategy, that is supported by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency.
EcoContact is hiring Project Coordinator, based on the negotiations before concluding the contact full or part time modality can be applied. time, to support the implementation of the project by organization. EcoContact is looking for the motivated persons to join the team and ensure the support for the implementation of the on-going projects. As the organization is implementing the projects in various localities it is expected that Project coordinator will have one day business trips to the communities in the country.
Scope of work and responsibilities
The Project Coordinator will work in close cooperation with the other EcoContact staff to ensure the provision of development services and products of the highest quality and standards.
More specifically they are as follows:
- Provide the administrative support for the running projects;
- Maintain project records, draft the meeting minutes, reports.
- Support the financial manager in maintaining records on project personnel, subcontractors, consultants in accordance with the organization processes and procedures.
- Make pertinent logistical arrangements for the prompt and effective implementation of the organizational activities.
- Ensure the timely and efficient delivery of Project outputs and products leading to the achievement of expected results as per the annual work plan;
- Liaise with the national counter partners, other team members to ensure organize meetings, events.
- Provide the inputs to the narrative progress reports and other documents regarding the activities implemented by EcoContact;
- Continuously record and maintain relevant project activities, issues, risks, lessons learned and other documents as per the internal regulation;
- Actively engage in the knowledge sharing within EcoContact organization and provide the inputs for the organization’s strategic plan.
- Perform any other duties connected directly with the implementation of the Project as required.
- Actively participate in organization’s work and contribute for the fundraising and visibility activities.
Project Coordinator will work under direct guidance and supervision of assigned project manager/s and in close cooperation with organization’s staff, partners and beneficiaries.
Requirements for experience and qualification
- University degree in Management, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Social Sciences, Environment, Public Administration or another relevant field.
- At least 5 years of experience in the implementation of administrative work, economics, legal, administration or another relevant field.
- Experience of work in teams.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel), social networks.
- Previous experience in development assistance, implementation of projects or related work for a donor organization, governmental institutions, NGO or private sector / consulting firm is a very strong advantage.
- Previous experience in the area of environment is strongly desirable.
- Knowledge of Romanian and English languages
- Understanding of Russian language;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Time management and planning skills;
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships with the other team members;
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication and diplomatic skills, ability to work in a team;
If you are interested in this position please send following documents (either in English, or Romanian or Russian):
- Personal CV.
- Motivation letter including the preferred modality of work (full/part time).
The deadline of application: December 10, 2020. Applications should be sent to the address: email@example.com with the subject: “Project Coordinator”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The applications will be short-listed based on the following minimum qualification criteria:
- Management, Social Sciences, Environment, Public Administration or another relevant field.
- At least 5 years of experience in the implementation of development projects, with external partners;
- Knowledge of English language.